Wooden vs Faux Wood Shutters
When you’re choosing shutters for your home, not only is it important to consider the aesthetics, carefully selecting the right colour and style to complement certain rooms, but it is also vital to consider other practicalities, so that you end up with a shutter that is right for you and your home.
Wooden shutters are a fantastic and extremely popular choice for many homeowners, but with the choice of faux wood shutters now available (made from vinyl or other synthetic products but with the same wooden effect) it presents the deliberation; what is the difference and which would be better for me? So let’s take a closer look into the advantages and disadvantages of both real and faux wood shutters.
- Extremely versatile and can be used in many different surroundings
- Durable and long-lasting material that can stand the test of time
- Offer extra security for your property
- They can be painted or stained whichever colour you choose, so they complement any room’s interior
- Easy to clean and maintain (wipe down with a damp cloth)
- Wood can warp, bend, crack and flake in moist environments such as bathrooms and kitchens
- More expensive than faux wood shutters, however they are an investment that offers longevity and can add value to your property
- Wooden shutters are recommended for living rooms, bedrooms or hallways.
Faux wood shutters
- More affordable than real wooden shutters
- Retain their shape in moist environments
- Often made from recycled materials, making them an eco-friendly option
- Limitations on colour choice
- Weighs more than real wooden shutters (In light of this, it is important you use a trustworthy manufacturer, as if they aren’t made to the highest standards, the weight of them could cause them to droop and lose their shape)
- Colouring can fade over time and have a ‘yellowing’ effect that can look rather unsightly
- Faux wood shutters are recommended for bathrooms and kitchens.
- So now you can see the clear advantages and disadvantages of both types of shutters. One thing that both shutters have in common however, is the fact that neither of them have operate with any cords or chains, so if you live in a property that houses young children or pets, this is the safest option all-round.
If you’re looking for a trusted and recommended company to go to for your windows shutters, then please feel free to contact our team at Angel Blinds. Our made to measure shutters are manufactured to the highest standards using the finest materials in the industry.
Please note: there is a short waiting time for our faux wood shutters, which can be fitted within 2 weeks of placing the order.
For a free quotation or any more information on our services, please call us today.
Not sure what you need? Talk to one of our friendly staff on 0191 6660 183