Buying Advice: Which blinds are easy to maintain?
Window blinds are ideal for many homeowners. They are a modern and practical alternative to curtains and come in a whole range of different styles, from faux wood to the simple roller blind.
If you’re in the middle of choosing the right window dressing option for your home, then it’s best to write down your list of requirements as this will help you make your mind up as to which style is right for you and the room.
One important requirement for many is for a blind that is easy to maintain. Taking this into consideration, we’ve come up with some of the best style blinds that require very little upkeep in order to keep them looking pristine and in great condition!
- Perfect for any type of room as it is not affected by temperature
- Extremely easy to maintain and withhold their shape under humid, hot and cold climates
- Strong enough to stand the weight of window lintels
- Stain resistant
Top Tip: The only thing to be aware of is the impact salty air can have on it. So, if you live near the coast, it might be best to avoid this type of blind as it can deteriorate when exposed to salty air.
- Ideal for those rooms that are cooler than others e.g. conservatory or loft rooms
- Darker wooden colours hide stains and dirt easier than lighter wood
- Don’t need to take then down to clean. Just close one way, dust down, then close the other way and dust down again.
- Durable and sturdy
- Provide better coverage than blinds with slats, and have less room for things to go wrong
- Simply dust over with a feather duster to remove dust, or wipe over with a damp cloth to remove any marks.
- Easy to clean stains as individual slats can be removed
- If made from fabric, vacuuming the slats is the best to clean away dust
- Tend to collect less dust due to the vertical slats
So now you know some of the easiest blind styles to maintain, you can go ahead and give it some serious thought. Think about what style suits certain rooms better, as well as the practicalities too. To help you with this, feel free to take a look at our Browse By Room page, but for any further information about blind styles, please feel free to get in touch with the team at Angel Blind and Shutters.
For many years, we have been helping our customers make the right choices for their window dressings, so that they end up with something that not only looks great, but functions well and falls within their budget too!
If you’d like to speak to one of our specialists for advice and guidance on the best blinds for your home, simply give our team at Angel Blinds a call today and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Not sure what you need? Talk to one of our friendly staff on 0191 6660 183